How can we help you?

Get to know us, discover what we do and start the conversation.

Request a call back

    We're here.
    Leave your details below.
    One of our team will be in touch soon.

    Speak to us now on: 0800 614 722

    Request a call back

    We offer a range of fixed fee divorce and separation options

    With a dedicated Family Law team, we are able to provide in many circumstances a fixed fee divorce and dissolution of partnership service for both the Applicant and Respondent.

    In addition, following a divorce when financial arrangements have been agreed upon either in person or in Alternative Dispute Resolution, we can provide a fixed fee service to draft and submit a Financial Remedy Consent Order Application.

    Looking after your needs

    We’ll arrange for you to have an initial phone consultation with a divorce solicitor, to provide you with legal advice and enable us to get the information we need to start the divorce process/dissolution of partnership.

    Using the information you provide, we prepare the necessary court documents and process the divorce/dissolution for you from start to finish, and we will keep you fully updated every step of the way. You will pay a fixed fee for this service, and we provide all the professional and emotional support you will need, just as we always do.

    If there are financial or children matters to resolve then these would need to be dealt with separately from the fixed fee arrangement and we would be more than happy to discuss these matters with you.

    Specialist family law accreditations

    We have individuals on our team who have earned The Law Society’s Family Law accreditation. This means they have shown a high level of competence and extensive knowledge in family law matters. Some of our solicitors also hold The Law Society’s Children Law accreditation, so they have the ability to work directly with children and understand their needs and wishes.

    What Fixed Fee services do we offer?

    At Birchall Blackburn Law, we offer a range of fixed fee divorce and dissolution services. If you require more information on our fixed fee services with regards to financial matters/Change of Name Deed then please contact us on 0800 614 722 or

    Fixed Fee Terms and Conditions

    1. Payment to be made upon agreeing to terms of business by debit or credit card (excludes American Express);
    2. The fixed fee will remain payable in the event that the proceedings are suspended or withdrawn by the client. In the event that the proceedings are suspended or withdrawn by the opponent, assistance and representation may still be provided under the Family Department Teams’ normal terms of business with fees payable on an hourly rate (details of which can be provided upon request).

    For more information or to talk through what is involved please do not hesitate to call us on 0800 614 722, or ask us for a call back.

    Fixed Fee Divorce & Separation FAQs

    • What is a fixed fee divorce?

      A fixed fee divorce works in the same way as any other divorce work done by a divorce solicitor, but the fee you pay for the divorce is fixed upfront. It can be used for all divorces, and whilst some are complex emotionally, the process itself is rather simple.

    • Who pays for divorce fees?

      The Petitioner is responsible for covering the cost of the preparation and submission of the divorce paperwork, together with obtaining legal advice and paying the Court fees. The Respondent will only be responsible for covering their own legal fees.

    • Is it worth getting a solicitor for divorce?

      It’s a good idea to get specialist legal advice before you start your divorce or separation. A solicitor can: speak to your partner and their solicitor so you don’t have to and represent you in court – this means they’ll talk for you so you don’t have to.

    • Can I divorce without a solicitor?

      If you’ve both agreed to end your relationship and your finances are straightforward, your divorce could be relatively quick and cheap. You will still need to go through the legal process, but you might not need a solicitor throughout., although it is always advised to seek specialist legal advice.

    • Do both parties need a solicitor for divorce?

      There are no legal obligations for either party to use a solicitor for a divorce, however, in divorces that involve matrimonial assets, child arrangements, and more, both parties will often have their own divorce lawyer.

    • Does it matter who files for divorce first?

      It generally doesn’t matter who starts the divorce process, and you’re able to do so jointly if you wish.

    • Who do you need to notify when you get divorced?

      It may not be at the top of your mind, but there are a number of organisations you will need to inform about your divorce:

      • Banks
      • Mortgage Provider
      • HMRC
      • Local Council
      • Utilities
      • Insurance Companies
      • DVLA
      • Passport Offices

      This is not an exhaustive list for every case. Speak to our Family Law solicitors today for advice on your divorce.

      Call us on Freephone 0800 614 722 or contact us online.

    4589, 4589, divorce and fixed fee separation desktop, divorce-and-fixed-fee-separation-desktop.png, 571281,,, , 3, , , divorce-and-fixed-fee-separation-desktop, inherit, 341, 2023-04-27 11:26:48, 2023-04-27 11:26:48, 0, image/png, image, png,, 2000, 600, Array

    - Did you know?

    The most common age to divorce a partner is between 40-44 years old.

    What do our clients say?

    M. Weafer

    Very helpful, attentive, kind and patient.


    Very satisfied.

    MJ Hiles

    Everything went well. I felt comfortable talking to the staff.


    Very good service.

    T. Wood

    All good.

    P. Holt

    Her bedside manner was excellent.

    D. Thursfield

    Inspired confidence

    S. Wilson

    Extremely efficient service.  I was apprehensive about making a Will but Jessica guided me through everything – she explained everything and gave me space to ask any questions.  Would use her again.

    Let's start a conversation

    Reach out now for free and confidential initial advice. Simply call, email, or request a call back and one of our experienced team members will be in touch to help you with your legal needs.

    0800 614 722
    Request a call back
    Lady smiling with cup of tea